If you can't attend, but are interested in taking in a workshop like this, please let me know. I love to do this kind of day.]
Are you a quantitative or mixed method researcher who gathered some open-ended survey data that is sitting around waiting to be written about?
Are you a qualitative researcher who had a great project that got derailed for some reason and want to return to write about that great data?
Are you a post-doc who has qualitative research data that wasn’t included in the dissertation that you want to give voice to?
In other words, do you have qualitative research data that is eating a whole in your heart because you aren’t writing about it? Then this workshop is for you!!
This day-long interactive workshop is designed to help you get back in the saddle with the write-up of those great materials. You will
· renew your confidence as a researcher and writer,
· get energized to take new leaps into publishing,
· learn strategies for identifying topics and developing articles from qualitative research data
· develop outlines for three new articles (or more)
· brainstorm where to place pieces and learn about journals specializing in qualitative research
· Learn how new digital tools can assist you at many phases of the work
· Develop writing partnerships that work
Bring your data and laptop along to this research playdate. The day will be fast paced including full group discussions, quiet review and writing time, small group collaboration, and short informative lectures. There will be a variety of handouts, as well as an online site where materials will be shared.
Tools that MAY be helpful to have downloaded and set up on your computer: NVivo11 and Endnote (UML has site licenses for both).
Start the semester off, ready for success. Join us for a new kind of writing/research day.