Friday, November 23, 2012

American Society of Criminology 2012 Annual Meeting

English: United States Department of Justice L...
English: United States Department of Justice Logo Downloaded from United States Justice Department (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I recently had the opportunity to attend the American Society of Criminology 2012 annual meeting.  This was a first for me.  I was a bit worried about what I would meet there.  I have since learned that criminologists do not bite!  In fact, it was quite interesting.

I was taking part in a panel presentation reporting out on the findings of the OJJDP supported research on sexting of which I have been a part.

The chair was Karen JoAnne Bachar (US Department of Justice-OJJDP). 

Andy Harris (UMass Lowell, Department of Criminology) presented "Understanding Teen "Sexting" in a Participatory Framework". 

Karin Tusinski Miosfsy (University of Hartford) presented "Living in Different Worlds? Comparing Youth and Parent Perspectives on Teen "Sexting"".

And I, Judith Davidson (UMass Lowell, Graduate School of Education) presented on "Teen Sexting: Educator Perspectives and Challenges". 

The discussion afterward was lively, and I met several people who are engaged in research on sexting (and looking at college age populations). 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: